With the holidays comes holiday baking, a tradition in my house, so I thought I would share one of my family’s favorite new holiday treats that we have found this year! While my dad and I were searching the internet for good holiday recipes we ran across this one from “A Couple Cooks,” and loved them! These no bake cookies are naturally sweet, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan so they are a healthy sweet treat for everyone!
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Grade A dark maple syrup, divided
- ¼ cup dutch process (or dark) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
WHAT TO DO
- Place 9 cupcake liners into a muffin tin.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 5 tablespoons coconut oil and stir together 2 tablespoons peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 pinch kosher salt. When fully combined, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup rolled oats. Spoon into cupcake liners. Refrigerate while making the peanut butter topping.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir together ¼ cup peanut butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Spoon the warm peanut butter mixture over the chocolate oat mixture. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes until set, or refrigerate until serving. Store refrigerated.