Last weekend I celebrated my eighteenth birthday! In my short life, I have been blessed with so many people who have poured their wisdom into me. In honor of turning the big One-Eight I thought I would share 18 of the most valuable lessons that I have learned either through experience or from the people around me!
- Be confident in yourself.
- Write everything down. You’re never going to remember it the way that you do right now!
- The people who let you be your best self and still support you are the people who matter.
- Forgive. You’ll feel 10x lighter.
- Work ethic will take you a long way. (Thank you to my parents for leading by example❤️)
- Plan for traffic!!! (Especially if you live in a big city!)
- Not everyone is going to want the same things as you and that is okay.
- Find your passion and DO IT!
- There are a lot of people who are going to say no, but it only takes one yes! -Kimberly Schlapman
- Be early… not late.
- Genuine kindness goes a long way with others!
- Take time to appreciate your Mom and Dad, and everything they do for you. They don’t have an easy job!
- High School is not the best four years of your life, but they are four great years of your life. Don’t wish it away!
- Loyalty and dependability are admirable traits to have.
- People change and sometimes you grow apart. That’s okay.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Be generous!
- Don’t forget to read a book every once in a while. They can take you to places you can only dream of.
Thank you to everyone who has spent time and energy investing in me. We’re all celebrating eighteen together!