As I begin year number 4 in Nashville, I have been reflecting on my journey here.
This picture is a throwback to 15 year old me at one of my first solo acoustic shows! I remember preparing for this show. Creating the Set list, practicing, deciding what to wear and the nervous energy just before I took the stage!
Looking back, there are so many things I would tell my 15 year old self.
Here are just a few:
• Enjoy every step of chasing this dream.
• You are gonna meet so many amazing people who are going to love and support you and your music.
• Strive to be your best.
• Laugh it off when something goes wrong (it will and that is OK).
• Support and encourage others when the opportunity arises.
• Know this, not everyone will support you and that is OK, it is ‘your’ dream you are chasing not ‘theirs’.
• Always be 100% authentically you at every stage of your life.
• Work hard and always put your best music (self) forward.
• You are going to love living in Nashville and you will get to make music with amazing songwriters and musicians.
• You are going to build lifetime friendships.
I am so thankful for all the things that have gotten me where I am today. Grateful for the music I have been able to put out in the world. Lastly, I am excited for what is yet to come!